Sunday, May 22, 2011

Musing

I was watching my entries and realized I didn't write a single one during the month of April, and that is pretty fucking ridiculous. You wanna know why? Because I turned 18 on the 5th April, and it's shameful that I didn't write anything about it! I mean, it's not everyday that you become a legal adult.
I spent the entire day joking around saying I could already go to jail and I didn't write anything about it! I suck!
One thing I'm actually thrilled to be able to do as an official grown up (yeah, right!) is...vote. Yes, I am quite anxious about voting and, just my luck, there will be elections in just two weeks.
Many people I know keep saying there's no point in voting, and that seems to be everybody's opinion, how else could we explain the high level of abstention in here? It pisses me off. They keep complaining about our country and the government but when they have the chance to do something, to try and change things, all they do is sit their fat asses at home and do nothing. Well, that must really make a difference! We can see where that got us so far.
It's one thing to vote blank and another to abstain. By abstaining you're sending off the message "I couldn't be arsed to vote" but by voting blank you're saying "You're a bunch of wankers and none of you deserves my vote". See the subtle difference?

Make an effort, aye? I'm nervous because I've never voted in my life and I keep playing out the most scary situations even though I know that's not how it will go, but I'm the first one to admit I don't do well out of familiar ground. I'm trying though.



P.S: On a lighter note, I'm soooooo looking forward to getting my skin inked.Oh, and I keep wanting my septum pierced. Just saying.<3

1 comment:

  1. I wish everyone to think like you. I'm really pissed because i can't vote this year and thanks to that, I will have to pass another 4 years in the hands of someone I didn't vote and to know that my future is in the hand of a bunch of fat lazy people that are too lazy and selfish to leave home to vote in something - i don't ask to vote on someone, if they don't know vote in blank but do it!! it's their way to say there's no one suitable to the position.
    but yeah, it's really fucked to be under 18 and have my hole future and life depending on lazy people. but not you, you are using your right as a citizen and i am proud of you!! YOU ARE VOTING RAINBOWWW!!!
    PS Please make that piercing on the septum, ok??

    with love,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete