Friday, January 14, 2011

Irony

I wonder if people notice the constant ironic tone to my writing, aside from when I'm talking serious matters. I really do. I think to myself many times "If they don't notice I'm kidding they're going to think I'm very very stupid, perhaps even plain out dumb".
I mean, I am ridiculous, in a way, I'm stupid too, in another way (and I don't mean that in terms of intelligence). Have I mentioned I'm blonde yet? I don't think I have. So well, I am, you've gotta go easy on me guys!

Anyway, I like to joke even if I sound like a fool most of my time.
Today I told my homie, who tends to wear those "condom head" beanies ( I do too but that doesn't count):
"I don't know if anyone has ever told you it's not in that head you're supposed to wear protection".
See, stupid! But I thought it was funny which makes me twice as stupid.
I thoroughly enjoy insulting myself, it amuses me. We can't take ourselves too seriously.

I think it's all the "me being aware of my decent mental abbilities" that makes me confortable in twisting them. I'm pretty nerdy if I may say so, and proud of it too.
It's not about "being a fun person" or "being a mature person", because can you honestly imagine yourself with someone who is always goofing around or someone who is always serious and considerate?
What matters, at least to me, is being able to be serious when needed but also be chill and fuck around and act stupid.

What is your opinion on that?




My pseudo-creepy face

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you homie ;)
    And that joke about the protection, i laughed at it too so maybe we share the same level of stupidity xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we are happy and together in our stupidity homie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you used very keywords to have a comfortable life, like being goofy and chill when needed but also be serious when the case 'asks you to'. i like ironical tone, i am one myself but thanks to my personality almost no one notices and that is the best part to me, it really amuses me ;)

    ReplyDelete