Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter

In the last few days, due to the release in the cinema of the last movie's first part, I've been noticing a certain panic settling on people. And it took me noticing their reactions for mine to finally settle in.
This is really it. Yeah guys it took me this long.
I had been far too absorved in everything to notice that there will really be no book next and the last thing I can long for are these final two movies. That's when I started to panic aswell.
In all honesty I feel like a part of me is missing. I can't imagine what is life without Harry Potter, actually, I can't remember a time without Harry Potter. I know I wasn't so little anymore when it first started but it was love at first sight.
I was this shy, insecure, chubby kid and reading was my life. I spent hours after hours reading, losing myself in the stories. It made me happy, gave me hope that someday my life would be more than this. I was one of those kids who wished with all their life that it was all real and one day it would be my time to go to Hogwarts too.
It was a period in my life of wich I can't remember much, I didn't exactly have best friends who I made plans with, I spent pretty much all my time at home or going out with my parents. Lonely times. The books were my friends, Harry and the rest of the gang were my friends, it was my dreamland. Dreams keep us going right?
And truthfully, deep in my heart I will always keep the hope that there really is magic and one day I will be lucky enough to witness it. But some things are too good to be truth.
Thank you J.K.Rolling for making me dream and creating the books of my life. You made me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment