Sunday, November 21, 2010

Photography Workshop

This summer I had the pleasure to participate in a 5 days long workshop, which delt with film developing and photo printing. Of course, it was amazing.
I'm very much into the old-school black and white films. In a way, for me, digital photography lost the old days beauty. I mean I like it, but it's not the same, you know?

So this workshop consisted of mainly this:
Day 1: Pretty much presentations and getting to know the lab, all that usual stuff. Oh and I had a low blood-pressure moment and fainted in the middle of the class, bumping into a table on the way down to the floor. Hight point of the day, it was a pretty kickass first impression. Alright it sucked, but it makes me laugh!

Day 2: We went around São João in couples, taking photos of whatever we felt like. It had been a while since I had had to worry about taking only 24 photos (or was it 36?), which were divided by two since we were two people by camera. Either ways, we took the photos and went back to the base. Done for the day.

Day 3: This was the day the fun shit started. We developed the film and all that jazz. Let me tell you, it is a patience job.

Day 4: We started developing the photos! It is very much fun but the liquids stuff gets boring pretty fast. It's fun nonetheless.

Day 5: The last day (insert sad frown). We finished printing photos, including the bigger ones supposed to go to the exposition (some works were to be exposed in the end of all the summer workshops).




It was a fun week even though the having-to-wake-up-early-every-day-and-catch-the-train-to-be-at-the-workshop-by-ten was sort of tiring. C'mon it was summer, I had been waking up every day after eleven.
It took a while but the exposition was this month and will be in the galery for these few weeks.
This was my work:






The middle one.


Ignore my previous statement, I've managed to put it straight. Yay for me.




I suggested the "ilford film showing" effect. Am very proud of said suggestion.
This was it! I might post some of my other (smaller) photos one of these days.

2 comments:

  1. Though Week xD but as people say "Quem corre por gosto não cansa" eheh
    I want to go to that exhibition, you have to tell me the details ;)
    Btw, great photo homie ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sem dúvida :D
    Well if i'm not mistaken it ends this week, on the 26th i think. It's in that white building next to the Câmara Municipal.
    Thanks, I'm proud of it homie :D <3

    ReplyDelete